Teriyaki-glazed mushrooms and creamy coleslaw make a dynamic duo in portobello wraps that are equally good for lunch or dinner.
Though using bagged coleslaw makes these super-quick and convenient, by all means use fresh green cabbage if you’ve got it on hand. Mix in some grated carrots for color and crunch.
This recipe makes two wraps and doubles easily. These wraps are perfect for an at-home or portable lunch as well as a light dinner served with most any kind of soup or a vegetable side dish.Try serving with any of these equally easy accompaniments:
- Really Simple Vegan Potato Salad
- Fingerling Fries
- Super-Quick Butternut Squash Soup
- Hot or Cold Fresh Tomato Soup
All you need to make these tasty wraps are portobello mushrooms, teriyaki sauce, bagged coleslaw. If you’d like a bit of heat, sriracha and/or spicy mustard are listed as optional ingredients.
Recipe adapted from 5-Ingredient Vegan: 175 Simple, Plant-Based Recipes for Delicious, Healthy Meals in Minutes by Nava Atlas. Photos of portobello wraps by Hannah Kaminsky, BittersweetBlog.com originally ran on VegKitchen.com.
- 1 large or 2 medium portobello mushroom caps, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 to 3 tablespoons bottled teriyaki marinade, or as needed
- 2 cups bagged coleslaw or thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise, plus more for wraps
- 2 large (10- to 12-inch) whole-grain wraps
- Drizzle of sriracha and/or spicy mustard
- In a medium skillet, combine the portobello slices with enough sauce to coat generously. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring often, or until the sauce forms a nice glaze on the mushrooms.
- Combine the coleslaw with vegan mayo in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spread more mayo on the surface of each wrap, and arrange some of the slaw and mushroom slices down the center.
- For spicier wraps, add a drizzle of sriracha and/or spicy mustard.
- Fold two sides of the wrap over the ingredients, and keep the ends tucked in as you roll it up snugly to enclose the ingredients. Cut in half with a sharp knife.
- Repeat with the remaining wrap and serve.
If you like these easy wraps, you might also enjoy …
Here are more easy vegan sandwiches and wraps.