Pineapple fans will love these delicious pinã colada mocktails. Fresh or canned pineapple work equally well, and the use of coconut beverage gives it a yum factor!
This is presented as a mocktail, but go ahead and add a splash of rum if you’d like. Though this is incredibly refreshing as a warm-weather beverage, since pineapple isn’t particularly a summer fruit, you can enjoy this year round.
If you’re looking for other ways to use fresh pineapple, see Maple Glazed Pineapple.
Though optional, starfruit (carambola) makes an attractive garnish. Here’s an introduction to starfruit, if you’re new to this tropical produce.
- 2 heaping cups peeled and diced fresh pineapple (or see note to use canned)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut beverage (not the kind of coconut milk that comes in cans)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup limeade concentrate, or to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more for serving
- Fresh mint
- Sliced star fruit (carambola)
- Crushed ice
- In a blender, combine the pineapple, pineapple juice coconut beverage, ice cubes, limeade concentrate and lime juice. Blend until completely smooth.
- Divide between four glasses and garnish with mint and/or star fruit if you’d like, and top with crushed ice if you’d like an even colder drink. Serve at once.
If you prefer canned pineapple: Use a 20-ounce can of unsweetened pineapple. There should be about 1/2 cup of juice in the can, so cut the amount of pineapple juice to 1 1/2 cups.
Variation: For a creamier drink, cut the amount of pineapple juice back to 1 cup, and use 2 cups coconut beverage.
If you like this refreshing drink, you might also enjoy …
Here are more delicious beverage recipes.