Pineapple fans will love these delicious pinã colada mocktails. Fresh or canned pineapple work equally well, and the use of coconut beverage gives it a yum factor!
This is presented as a mocktail, but go ahead and add a splash of rum if you’d like. Though this is incredibly refreshing as a warm-weather beverage, since pineapple isn’t particularly a summer fruit, you can enjoy this year round.
- 2 heaping cups peeled and diced fresh pineapple (or see note to use canned)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut beverage (not the kind of coconut milk that comes in cans)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup limeade concentrate, or to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more for serving
- Fresh mint
- Sliced star fruit (carambola)
- Crushed ice
- In a blender, combine the pineapple, pineapple juice coconut beverage, ice cubes, limeade concentrate and lime juice. Blend until completely smooth.
- Divide between four glasses and garnish with mint and/or star fruit if you’d like, and top with crushed ice if you’d like an even colder drink. Serve at once.
If you prefer canned pineapple: Use a 20-ounce can of unsweetened pineapple. There should be about 1/2 cup of juice in the can, so cut the amount of pineapple juice to 1 1/2 cups.
Variation: For a creamier drink, cut the amount of pineapple juice back to 1 cup, and use 2 cups coconut beverage.
If you like this refreshing drink, you might also enjoy …
Here are more delicious beverage recipes.