Pretty much all the main ingredients in this simple spinach avocado salad with pineapple and pomegranate seeds are listed right in the title! Fresh lime juice and extra virgin olive oil are enough to pull the flavors together.
Though this salad has a kind of spring-y feeling, it can be enjoyed year-round. It brightens the winter plate and wakes the carb-weary palate.
- Baby spinach (3 to 4 ounces)
- Avocado, firm and ripe (1 medium)
- Pomegranate (1 medium)
- 1 cup diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- Lime (1)
From the pantry
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
What to serve with spinach avocado salad
This salad is easy to pull together when you need something quick and fresh to serve with a hearty main dish. It goes well with:
- Quick Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
- Golden and Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Chorizo
- Southwestern Cheesy Vegan Rice Casserole
- BBQ-Flavored Chick’n Melt Baguettes
Explore more …
- Kale and Pomegranate Salad with Avocado
- Kiwi Salsa with Avocado and Pomegranate
- Simple Pomegranate Rice Pilaf
- Baby Spinach Recipes
- Delectable Vegan Avocado Recipes
- 1 medium firm, ripe avocado
- 3 to 4 ounces baby spinach
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate, divided
- 1 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 medium lime
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, as desired
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit. Cut each half in half again and peel. Thinly slice these sections.
- Combine the avocado with the baby spinach, half of the pomegranate seeds, and pineapple in a serving bowl and toss gently.
- Cut the lime in half. Juice one half and drizzle it over the salad. Cut the other half in half again and thinly slice. Set aside for a moment.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, as much or as little as you’d like, then season with salt and pepper (sparingly with salt and generously with pepper!).
- Toss again; scatter the sliced lime over the top of the salad and serve. Pass around the remaining pomegranate seeds for embellishing individual portions.
Variation: In place of baby spinach, use your favorite baby greens or spring mix. Swap in baby arugula for half of the baby spinach.
Here’s another refreshing salad with greens and avocado:
Photos above recipe card: 5PH/Bigstock