This gorgeous salad is a snap to make and adds a splash of color (and lots of antioxidants) to the summer plate. A medley of mixed greens with avocado and blueberries, it’s the perfect addition to almost any kind of summer meal.
Serve this with a more substantial side-by-side salad like Potato and Red Bean Salad with Artichokes or Vegan Pasta Tuna Salad (aka Tofuna) for a light meal. Or, serve as a first course with a summer soup like Cold Green Pea and Cucumber Soup.
The recipe calls for a combination of olive oil and lemon juice as a dressing, but as an option, you can take it to the next level by using bottled or homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
Here are dozens more vegan avocado recipes.
Recipe adapted from Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas; photos by Susan Voisin, FatFreeVegan.com.
- 2 to 3 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 good handfuls of baby spinach or baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut to match red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 medium firm, ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as desired
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Cover and set aside until ready to serve, or serve at once.
If you like this green and fruity salad, you might also enjoy …
See lots more plant-forward salads & sides