This gorgeous salad is a snap to make and adds a splash of color (and lots of antioxidants) to the summer plate. A medley of mixed greens with avocado and blueberries, it’s the perfect addition to almost any kind of summer meal.
Serve this with a more substantial side-by-side salad like Potato and Red Bean Salad with Artichokes or Vegan Pasta Tuna Salad (aka Tofuna) for a light meal. Or, serve as a first course with a summer soup like Cold Green Pea and Cucumber Soup.
The recipe calls for a combination of olive oil and lemon juice as a dressing, but as an option, you can take it to the next level by using bottled or homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
Recipe adapted from Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas; photos by Susan Voisin, FatFreeVegan.com.
- 2 to 3 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 good handfuls of baby spinach or baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut to match red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 medium firm, ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as desired
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Cover and set aside until ready to serve, or serve at once.
If you like this green and fruity salad, you might also enjoy …
See lots more plant-forward salads & sides