Do you have some fresh summer raspberries calling to be used? Make quick work of them with this delightful homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing. That said, this recipe works just as well with frozen (thawed) raspberries.
Honestly, making this dressing shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes! The basic components of this fruity dressing are kitchen staples, and likely, you also have them at the ready:
- Extra-virgin olive oil (with an avocado oil option)
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice or lime juice (from the fresh fruit or bottled)
- Agave or maple syrup
And to finish, a few grindings of fresh pepper and a pinch of Italian seasoning, which is optional. First, the raspberries get pureed on their own, so that you can strain out the seeds if you prefer. If you don’t mind the seeds, you’re good to go.
Raspberry vinaigrette is especially good in salads that have some fruit in them. Here are a few on this site:
- Kale Salad with Cashews and Cranberries (raspberry vinaigrette is given as an option to use instead of vegan mayo)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Arugula and Pumpkin Seeds
- Spinach and Mango Salad with Cranberries and Cashews
- Mixed Greens Salad with Avocado and Blueberries (raspberry vinaigrette is given as a variation)
See more easy vegan salad dressings.
Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Do you have some fresh summer raspberries calling to be used? Make quick work of them with this delightful homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of l/2 lemon or lime (or bottled juice)
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- A few grindings of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- Place the raspberries in a food processor or blender. Process until very smooth. If you’d like a smoother dressing, push the puree through a fine strainer to strain out the seeds.
- Combine all ingredients in a tightly lidded bottle or jar and shake thoroughly, or mix things up in a small bowl with a whisk, then transfer into a bottle or cruet with a funnel.
- Shake or stir well before each use. Refrigerate whatever is not used at once; bring to room temperature before using.
Nutty Vinaigrette: Replace half of the olive or avocado oil with an equivalent amount of a good nut oil, such as walnut or hazelnut.
If you like this easy vinaigrette, you might also enjoy …
Basic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing or Marinade
Here are more easy vegan sauces & dressings.
Leave a Reply