This jazzylicious vegan oatmeal raisin cookie recipe by Laura Theodore feature a crisp outside and super moist center. Ripe mashed bananas stand in for eggs and sweet raisins add punch. This cookie is a real classic!
This recipe makes a generous amount — about three dozen — but watch them disappear quickly. They’re a wholesome treat that you can enjoy guilt-free.
Recipe from Vegan for Everyone by Laura Theodore. Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Reprinted by permission. Photo Credit: Laura Theodore.
If you like oatmeal cookies, you might also like to try these delectable Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. If you’re a fan of oats, see our Guide to Oats and Delectable Oatmeal Desserts and Breakfast Treats for lots more recipes and ideas.
More recipes from Vegan For Everyone by Laura Theodore:
- Deep Dark Truffle Chocolate Pudding
- Lemon Raspberry-Swirl Cheeze-Cake
- Quick Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Vegan For Everyone is available wherever books are sold or directly from Laura Theodore (signed copies!)
- 1½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan cane sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup ripe, peeled and mashed bananas
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons, room temperature vegan buttery spread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2/3 cup dark raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Line a large cookie sheet (about 20- by 14-inch) with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and stir with a whisk until combined.
- Put the mashed banana and buttery spread into a medium-sized bowl and mash together using a potato masher or large fork until well combined and only small flecks of the vegan buttery spread are visible.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir together using a large spoon until the dough starts to come together. Add 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk and stir to combine. If the dough seems dry, add 1 more tablespoon of plant-based milk. Fold in the raisins.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the lined cookie sheet, spacing about ½-inch apart. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put the sheet on a wire rack and gently flatten the top of each cookie slightly with a spatula.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 6 to 7 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are golden, but the tops are still a nice blonde color.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Stored in a tightly covered container, leftover cookies will keep at room temperature for up to 2 days.
VARIATION: Substitute vegan dark chocolate chips for the raisins to make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
MORE ABOUT VEGAN FOR EVERYONE
Easy weeknight suppers, classic weekend menus and festive holiday family fare make VEGAN FOR EVERYONE the perfect book for anyone looking to “jazz up” mealtimes by adding easy-to-prepare and delicious, plant-based food into their weekly menu plans.
In addition to featuring over 100 new recipes, award-winning vegan chef Laura Theodore (PBS’s Jazzy Vegetarian) includes updates on 60 fan-favorite recipes from her first four books, making this new cookbook a complete and fun way to make family meals kinder, healthier and – most of all – tastier! Over 135 of the recipes include a gluten-free option, making VEGAN FOR EVERYONE sure to please . . . well . . . just about everyone!
Tune in for Laura’s vegan television show, Jazzy Vegetarian, airing nationally on many public television channels (check local listings). Visit Laura at Jazzy Vegetarian.
If you like this easy oat treat by Laura Theodore, you may also enjoy …
See more easy and delectable vegan desserts & sweets.