Wow your guests with a vegan chocolate pudding that tastes as decadent as a rich chocolate truffle. And it’s dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free! Silky smooth, thick, rich and super chocolaty— this is a flawless dessert that will impress the chocolate fans in your life.
Recipe from Vegan For Everyone: 160 Family Friendly Recipes with a Delicious, Modern Twist by Laura Theodore. Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Photo credit: Annie Olivero. Reprinted by permission.
Here are two more Laura Theodore dessert recipes (which are always easy and delectable) on this site:
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Apricot Bars
- Lemon Raspberry-Swirl Vegan Cheeze-Cake
- Oat and Blueberry Breakfast Cake
MORE ABOUT VEGAN FOR EVERYONE
Easy weeknight suppers, classic weekend menus and festive holiday family fare make VEGAN FOR EVERYONE the perfect book for anyone looking to “jazz up” mealtimes by adding easy-to-prepare and delicious, plant-based food into their weekly menu plans.
In addition to featuring over 100 new recipes, award-winning vegan chef Laura Theodore (PBS’s Jazzy Vegetarian) includes updates on 60 fan-favorite recipes from her first four books, making this new cookbook a complete and fun way to make family meals kinder, healthier and – most of all – tastier! Over 135 of the recipes include a gluten-free option, making VEGAN FOR EVERYONE sure to please . . . well . . . just about everyone!
Listen to Laura’s weekly podcast on Unity Radio every Thursday at 3pm EST. Tune in for Season Eight of Laura’s vegan television show, Jazzy Vegetarian, airing nationally on many public television channels (check local listings). Visit Laura at Jazzy Vegetarian.
Vegan For Everyone is available wherever books are sold
or directly from Laura Theodore (signed copies!)
Vegan Deep Dark Truffle Chocolate Pudding
Wow your guests with a vegan chocolate pudding that tastes as decadent as a rich chocolate truffle.
- ½ cup chopped raw cashews
- ½ cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegan brown sugar or cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- To make the Cashew-Vanilla Cream: Put 1/2 cup cashews and 1/4 cup water into a small bowl. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours. Drain the cashews and rinse thoroughly in cold water.
- Put the drained cashews, maple syrup, 1/4 cup water and vanilla in a blender container. Blend for 30 seconds, or until completely smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until chilled.
- To make the Truffle Pudding: Put 1 cup cashews and 3/4 cup water in a small bowl. Refrigerate and let soak for 1 to 4 hours. You can do this at the same time as the other batch of cashews. Drain the cashews and rinse thoroughly in cold water.
- Put the remaining 1 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Put the soaked cashews, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, dates and chocolate chips in a high-performance blender container in the order listed.
- Pour in the simmering water and process for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until completely smooth.
- Divide the mixture between six small wine glasses or eight espresso cups. Refrigerate 4 to 8 hours or until set.
- Serve the pudding with Cashew-Vanilla Cream spooned on top, garnished with more chocolate chips (or some cocoanibs), if desired.
If you like this luscious vegan chocolate pudding, you might also enjoy …
Silken Tofu and Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Here are lots more delectable vegan chocolate desserts.
- Explore more vegan gluten-free dairy-free desserts and sweets.
Leave a Reply