When you crave a sweet homemade treat but don’t feel like turning on the oven, these little unbaked vegan chocolate oatmeal cookies might just be the thing.
With just five ingredients (plus optional sesame seeds), these come together in a flash. You can also vary this recipe by rolling into round truffles.
When company is coming and you’ve run out of time to make a fancier dessert, these mini cookies are a good choice, served with fresh fruit all year round. Choose stone fruits or melons in the summer; pears or apples in fall and winter; and strawberries in the spring.
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
- Line a platter or baking pan with wax paper or parchment.
- Combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, syrup, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the chocolate chips start to melt, then stir to combine the mixture. Don’t overcook, as you don’t want the chocolate to seize up. Remove from the heat.
- Add the oats and optional sesame seeds and stir in quickly.
- Continuing to work quickly, use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop up the mixture. Release it onto the parchment-lined platter or pan with a sharp tap, then repeat until it’s all used up. If you find the mixture hardening, place back on low heat briefly until it loosens up.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to allow the cookies to harden. Or, if you’re in a hurry, place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Transfer to another plate to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutrition data is always an estimate depending on program used to calculate and exact products used. This is given for informational purposes only and accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
If you like these unbaked cookies, you might also enjoy …
See lots more desserts & sweets.
Here are more sweet and savory peanut butter recipes.