This simple sparkling apple cider vinegar drink is super refreshing. Made in minutes with bottled sparkling apple cider, seltzer, ginger, and lime, this bracing ACV drink is one of my favorites, and it may become one of yours, too!
You don’t have to follow this recipe exactly. Combine seltzer and sparkling apple cider in the proportion that pleases your palate. The recipe calls for a 50/50 proportion. If you like it less sweet, use a bit more seltzer than sparkling cider, or vice versa.
ACV might be a bit of an acquired taste for some, but with regular use, it can most often be acquired! The flavor of apple cider vinegar is pretty subtle in this particular beverage.
When to serve and what to serve with: Any time! Quench your thirst before a meal or with a meal. Ginger and ACV are both good for the digestion. This is also a lively mocktail to serve with vegan appetizers. Explore our array of easy vegan dips and spreads; serve with raw vegetables, whole-grain crackers or tortilla chips, and this sparkling apple cider drink.
Ingredients for Sparkling Apple Cider with ACV
- Sparkling apple cider (like Martinelli’s, Knudsen, Welch’s, etc.)
- Apple cider vinegar (Organic raw
- Ginger (fresh or bottled)
- Lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- Ice cubes
What kind of apple cider vinegar to choose
Whether you want to try apple cider vinegar drinks for detox, gut or general well being, you’ll want to use the raw, unfiltered, and organic kind. It’s a good-for-the-gut source of probiotics. You may have read about the benefits attributed to it; you can learn more details here.
In the U.S., the best-known brand of this kind of apple cider vinegar is Bragg, but there are others. These include Dynamic Health, Trader Joe’s, and Vitacost, as well as store brands. Just remember the trinity: raw, unfiltered, and organic.
Explore more …
- Virgin Mary Apple Cider Vinegar Mocktail
- Blender Apple, Cranberry, & Apple Cider Vinegar Juice
- Blended Pineapple Cucumber Juice with Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups sparkling apple cider (like Martinelli’s, Knudsen, Welch’s, etc.), chilled
- 1 1/3 cups seltzer, chilled
- 2 tablespoons organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or bottled ginger
- A splash of lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- Ice cubes as desired, optional
Combine the sparkling cider, seltzer, vinegar, ginger, and lime juice in a quart jar or small pitcher and stir together with a long-handled spoon (or even a butter knife).
Divide between two tumblers, and serve neat or over ice, as you prefer.
See more tasty and refreshing beverages.