Roasted red pepper dip is an easy vegan appetizer you can make in a flash, using just 5 ingredients. Serve with a platter of colorful raw vegetables, whole grain crackers, fresh bread, and/or bruschetta.
The intense flavor of roasted red peppers gives this dip a smoky-savory flavor that you can push in one flavor direction or another depending on whether you use smoked or sweet paprika.
How to make bruschetta: Bruschetta is basically baguette or Italian bread, sliced and baked until crisp. It’s a simple, classic accompaniment to serve with dips and spreads.
1 Cut 1 long Italian or French bread (not too skinny, preferably!) into approximately 1/2-inch-thick slices (use a whole-grain bread for added goodness).
2 Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray them lightly with cooking oil spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
3 Bake for 7 minutes, then turn them over, spray or brush lightly again, and continue to bake for 5 to 7 minutes longer, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
4 When cool enough to handle, rub one side of each toast with the open side of the garlic. Serve in a napkin-lined bowl or basket with this roasted red pepper dip or any spread of choice.
Recipe adapted from 5-Ingredient Vegan by Nava Atlas.
Explore more Vegan Silken Tofu Recipes — Savory and Sweet
More recipes using roasted red pepper from a jar:
- Pepper Jack Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Tartine
- Vegan Hero Sandwiches with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise
- Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Roasted red pepper dip is an easy vegan appetizer you can make in a flash, with just 5 ingredients.
- 3/4 cup firm silken tofu (about half of a 12.3-ounce package) or 3/4 cup white beans
- 6 to 8 ounces roasted red peppers (from the supermarket olive bar or a jar), drained
- A handful of cilantro or parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until super smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with an assortment of fresh vegetables and/or fresh bread or bruschetta.
Store any unused portion in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where it will keep for 3 or 4 days.
If you like this easy dip, you might also enjoy …
Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip
See lots more tasty vegan appetizers.
Leave a Reply