This creamy, dreamy tahini dill dip uses only 5 ingredients and, being completely addictive, makes vegetables go down so easy. With a generous amount of fresh herb, the lively flavor of this dip will win you over. This completely plant-based dip is also great with crackers and chips, and is an amazing topping for baked potatoes.
There’s no better way to get your family (or guests, or yourself!) to eat your veggies than providing a tasty dip to go along with them. And there are few ingredients that make a dip more delicious than tahini, AKA sesame paste.
A few fast facts about tahini
- Tahini is a seed butter made from toasted sesame seeds — kind of the sesame seed equivalent of peanut or other nut butter.
- It comes in jars or tin containers. Once open, you can store it at room temperature, but during the summer months or if your kitchen gets hot, it can go rancid. In this case, refrigeration would be best. Bring to room temperature before using, if time allows.
- It’s a staple in many Middle Eastern as well as Turkish, Iranian, North African, and Greek cuisines.
- You might know it best from its use in hummus. The main ingredient in hummus is chickpeas, and it wouldn’t taste the same without tahini, its secondary ingredient. It’s also a staple ingredient in baba ghanoush, a Middle Eastern dip featuring roasted eggplant.
- Tahini is high in calories and fat, as are all nut butters, but these are the good fats! It’s also high in protein and is reich in minerals.
- Tahini cookies, a departure from its usual savory uses, are delicious! Look for recipes online.
Tahini Dill Dip
This tahini dill dip uses only 5 ingredients and, being completely addictive, makes vegetables go down so easy.
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, plus a sprinkling for garnish
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend (like Mrs. Dash or Frontier)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh vegetables of your choice (see note)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor. Process until smoothly blended; this goes rather quickly so don’t overdo! If the mixture seems too thick, or isn’t blending smoothly, add a tablespoon or two of water through the feed tube.
- Transfer to a small bowl and surround with vegetables of your choice.
Prep time doesn't include cutting vegetables
Use whatever vegetables you’ve got on hand in the crisper drawer, or choose from: Baby carrots, bell pepper, asparagus, celery, broccoli and/or cauliflower florets, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Nutrition data is always an estimate depending on program used to calculate and exact products used. This is given for informational purposes only and accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
If you like this easy and tasty dip, you might also enjoy …
See more delectable appetizers & snacks.
Leave a Reply