This simple preparation of golden tofu triangles, inspired by a Thai appetizer, gets its luscious flavor from homemade peanut sauce or bottled peanut satay sauce. This preparation just might inspire fussy eaters to give tofu a chance! This tofu and peanut sauce recipe is super easy!
Look for peanut satay sauce in the Asian foods section of well-stocked supermarkets or natural foods stores, or when you have more time, make your own Coconut Peanut Sauce.
What to serve with golden tofu triangles
- Serve with hot cooked rice, noodles, or rice vermicelli. A steamed green vegetable like broccoli or asparagus is a nice addition to the meal.
- Or, if you want to go a step further with a nutritious vegetable dish, Stir-Fried Collard Greens and Cabbage is a great option. Add a platter of cherry tomatoes and baby carrots and you’ve got a veggie-filled meal.
Cutting tofu into triangles doesn’t make it taste any different, but the shape gives it more eye appeal. Serving the sizzling tofu on a bed of cool lettuce or cabbage gives it a special finishing touch.
Recipe adapted from 5-Ingredient Vegan by Nava Atlas. Thanks to Dianne Wenz of Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen for allowing me to reprint her beautiful photos of this dish here.
Explore more …
Peanut Satay Golden Tofu Triangles
This simple preparation of golden tofu triangles, inspired by a Thai appetizer, gets its luscious flavor from peanut sauce — homemade or bottled.
- 14-ounce tub extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoons safflower or other high-heat oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup homemade Coconut Peanut Sauce (see link in Notes) or bottled peanut satay sauce, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or other hot sauce, or more, to taste
- Shredded crisp lettuce or napa cabbage as needed, for serving
- Cut each block of tofu into six slabs crosswise. Blot well between clean tea towels or several layers of paper towel (or use a tofu press ahead of time). Cut each slab in half to make two squares. Finally, cut each square on the diagonal to make triangles.
- Heat the oil and soy sauce in a wide skillet. Arrange the tofu triangles in a single layer and sauté on both sides over medium-high heat until golden. Cook in batches if need be.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce and sriracha into the skillet and stir gently with the tofu triangles, turning them over a few times until nicely glazed.
- To serve, line a platter with shredded lettuce. Arrange the tofu triangles over it.
- Serve at once, passing around extra peanut sauce and extra sriracha for those who would like more.
If you'd like, make your own easy Coconut Peanut Sauce.
If you like this simple tofu dish, you might also enjoy …
See lots more easy tofu & tempeh recipes.
Leave a Reply