Vegan Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners call out for an easy classic cranberry apple sauce made from scratch with two fresh fruits. Apples provide a sweet contrast to the tart cranberries in this lively rendition of the traditional holiday relish.
If you’re serving hearty casseroles and winter vegetables, cranberry sauce adds a spark to the plate, both for the eye and for the palate. Easy to make with fresh cranberries and apples, this is a welcome addition to any winter holiday meal.
- 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 4 sweet apples, any variety, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup natural granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup apple or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of allspice or nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir together; bring to a simmer, then simmer gently, covered until the cranberries have burst and the apples are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, uncovered. Transfer to a serving container and serve at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data is always an estimate depending on program used to calculate and exact products used. This is given for informational purposes only and accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
If you like this classic cranberry sauce, you might also enjoy …
See more easy vegan sauces & dressings.