When you want a lovely and easy summer fruit dessert that’s ready in no time, this vegan unbaked peach crisp with lush berries will do the trick. This sweet finale is particularly good with raspberries, but blueberries work just fine, too.
Nectarines work just as well as peaches, as long as they’re sweet and lush. This dessert is a nice gluten-free option. Use certified GF oats to be sure!
I highly recommend serving this with a dollop of nondairy ice cream. It’s great with basic vanilla. Butter pecan, mango, or one of the coconut-based varieties are nice, too, if you want to go a step up in flavor.
Use certified GF oats if that’s a concern for you.
Recipe adapted from Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas. Photos of Peach Crumble: Susan Voisin, FatFreeVegan.com.
- Here are lots more delectable oat desserts and breakfast treats.
- Explore more vegan gluten-free dairy-free desserts and sweets.
Use organic: I highly recommend using organic peaches or nectarines. These fruits appear near the top of the Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen™ list of produce each year. That refers to produce grown with the most pesticide.
Both blueberries and raspberries aren’t in always the Dirty Dozen, but it’s best to use organic berries as well; some years they are, some years they make the Clean Fifteen™. See more info listings following the recipe.
Vegan Unbaked Peach Crisp with Summer Berries
When you want a lovely and easy summer fruit dessert without the fuss, or baking this vegan unbaked peach crumble with lush berries will do the trick.
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons natural granulated sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter, divided
- 6 to 8 medium ripe, juicy peaches or nectarines
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup raspberries or blueberries, or half of each
- Nondairy ice cream for topping, optional
- Combine the ingredients for the crumble topping in a small bowl.
- Heat the vegan butter in a medium skillet. Add the crumble topping. Stir quickly to coat with the vegan butter and toast the mixture over medium heat for 3 to 3 minutes. Transfer back to the bowl and set aside.
- Cut each peach in half lengthwise. Twist gently to separate the halves, then remove the pit. Cut into thin slices.
- Heat the remaining vegan butter in the same skillet. Add the peaches and syrup. Sauté, stirring frequently, until they’ve softened but still hold their shape, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the peaches to a shallow serving container and scatter the berries over them, followed by the crumble topping.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed or serve at once —it’s good served warm, room temperature, or chilled. Top each serving with a scoop of ice cream, if you’d like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
Nutrition data is always an estimate depending on program used to calculate and exact products used. This is given for informational purposes only and accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
If you like this unbaked summer dessert, you might also enjoy …
Unbaked Strawberry and Blueberry Crisp
For a cool-weather crisp …
Pear and Apple Crisp with Fresh Cranberries
See lots more delectable vegan desserts & sweets
Leave a Reply