This cinnamon-spiced maca date smoothie tastes like dessert! Dates are a natural way to sweeten smoothies, and they enhance the caramel-y, butterscotch-like flavor of maca root powder beverage.
Made substantial with banana and nut butter, this smoothie can be a delicious on-the-go breakfast or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Ingredients for cinnamon maca date smoothie
- Vanilla plant-based milk
- Banana, 1 medium
- Pitted dates (6 medium deglet noor or 4 medjool)
- Nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond, etc.)
- Maca root powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- A few ice cubes, optional
What is maca root?
Maca root is a vegetable tuber indigenous to the mountains of Peru and Bolivia Its benefits have long been valued by indigenous cultures in these countries for millennia.
More recently, the use of maca root powder as a superfood has spread worldwide. It’s valued for its energy-boosting and as an adaptogen, It’s rich in many vitamins and minerals. Find out much more about in this site’s Guide to Maca Root.
Aside from the verifiable vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and multitude of other nutrients contained in maca, be aware that other reported benefits are largely anecdotal. Learn more in this article, “All About Maca Root.”
Explore more …
- 10 Easy Ways to Use Maca Root in Food and Beverages
- 5 Easy Smoothies Made with Maca Root Powder
- Mocha Maca Banana Smoothie
- Vanilla Banana Strawberry Maca Smoothie
- 2 cups vanilla plant-based milk
- 1 medium banana, peeled and broken into chunks (frozen ahead of time, if desired)
- 6 medium or 4 large pitted dates
- 1 to 2 tablespoons nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond, etc.)
- 2 to 4 teaspoons maca root powder, as desired
- A few ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks for serving, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. If you’d like a thinner smoothie, add a little more plant-based milk. You can blend the ice cubes into the smoothie, or save them for the glasses.
- Divide between two or three large glasses. Sprinkle each with a little extra cinnamon or serve with a cinnamon stick. Drink right away.
See more plant-forward beverages.