What a great start to the day! A warm breakfast quinoa bowl is a tasty way to keep you satisfied for for the morning hours and beyond. Flavored with cinnamon and maple syrup, this easy breakfast quinoa is embellished with your favorite seasonal fruits.
Use any of these fruits: Bananas, apples, pears, strawberries, kiwi, mango, blueberries, or raspberries. Combining 2 or 3 fruits is ideal.
Tips for making breakfast quinoa bowls
- If you cook the quinoa the night before in steps 1 through 3, it’s an almost instant breakfast. Gently reheat in the same saucepan.
- Variation: Give this breakfast bowl an extra energy boost with 1 to 2 teaspoons of maca root powder. Add it in step 3 along with the syrup and cinnamon.
- This recipe makes 2 servings. It easily doubles to serve more.
With its mild, distinctly nutty flavor and light, fluffy texture and quick cooking time (about 15 minutes), this super-grain of South American origins is a boon to busy cooks. It’s an excellent source of protein and minerals.
Explore more …
- Quinoa Porridge with Cinnamon and Raisins
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter and Jam Whole Grain Breakfast Bowls
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla plant-based milk (oat, almond, cashew, soy, etc.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh fruit as desired (any combination of sliced bananas, apples, pears, strawberries, kiwi, or mango; or whole blueberries, or raspberries)
- Sesame, hemp, or chia seeds for topping
- Combine the quinoa with the plant-based milk and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the syrup and cinnamon. (You can do up to this step the evening before you want to serve for this for breakfast, then gently reheat in the morning.)
- Divide between 2 serving bowls (or save half for the next day), and top with fresh fruit as desired. Sprinkle a small amount of seeds of your choice over the top, and serve right away.
Variation: Give this breakfast bowl an extra energy boost with 1 to 2 teaspoons of maca root powder. Add it in step 3 along with the syrup and cinnamon.
Find lots more vegan breakfast & brunch recipes.