This dish is of apple pie oatmeal is coziness in a bowl. It’s a warm and comforting breakfast, and will get you through those chilly autumn and winter mornings.
The heavenly aroma of apples and cinnamon cooking in the kitchen is sure to make getting ready for the workday much easier.
Recipe and photos from What’s for Breakfast, © 2017 by Dianne Wenz, reprinted with permission.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 Tbsps applesauce
- 2 Tbsps maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp almond butter (see Note)
- 2 Tbsps toasted almond slivers
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, combine the oatmeal, apple, cinnamon, ginger, non-dairy milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until the mixture thickens, and the apple and oats have softened.
- Stir in the almond butter.
- Remove from heat and divide between 2 bowls.
- Serve topped with toasted almond slivers.
Use other nut butter you may have on hand.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 425Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 7gSugar: 25gProtein: 15g
Recipe reprinted with permission from What’s for Breakfast, ©2017 Dianne Wenz. Purchase your copy of the e-book here.