Here’s a vegan pumpkin spice cheesecake brought to you by Jazzy Vegetarian Laura Theodore that’s easy to make and a delectable change of pace from traditional pumpkin pie.
Laura says: “This delicate yet rich-tasting cake makes the perfect dessert for any fall or winter holiday event. Served with a generous dollop of your favorite vegan whipped topping on the side, this cheeze-cake will be dressed to impress!”
Of course, you need not wait for a special occasion to enjoy this easy-as-pie pumpkin treat.
Recipe from Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet, ©Laura Theodore 2015, 2020. Reprinted by permission. Visit Laura at Jazzy Vegetarian. Signed copy on sale, available here. Photo Credit: Laura Theodore.
Vegan-Ease is available wherever books are sold
More recipes from Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease:
- Vegan Crab Cakes with Classic Cocktail Sauce
- Oat and Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- “Hungry Guy” Black Bean Burgers
- 1¾ cups vegan cookie crumbs (ginger cookies work well)
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, melted, plus 1 teaspoon (or so) for coating pan
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
- 14 to 16 ounces firm (or extra-firm) regular tofu
- 15- to 16-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons vegan cookie crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Liberally coat a 10-inch round springform pan with vegan buttery spread.
- To make the crust, put 1¾ cups cookie crumbs and the melted vegan buttery spread in a medium-sized bowl and mix with a fork until well combined. Pat the crumbs firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- To make the filling, put the rolled oats in a blender and process into coarse crumbs. Add the tofu, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and allspice and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes, then carefully run a table knife around the perimeter of the cake to ensure it does not stick to the side of the pan.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cookie crumbs evenly over the top of the cake, gently pressing them into the top, so the crumbs adhere. Release the side of the springform pan to unmold.
- Cover the cake very loosely and refrigerate 3 to 24 hours before serving. Serve with your favorite vegan whipped topping, on the side, if desired. Covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator, leftover cheeze-cake will keep for about 2 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data is always an estimate depending on program used to calculate and exact products used. This is given for informational purposes only and accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
If you like this vegan pumpkin spice cheesecake, you might also enjoy:
Here are more vegan desserts & sweets.