For a salad that’s a little heftier than the usual lettuce and tomato variety, this super-easy avocado and bean salad is just right. Richly flavored with olives and cherry tomatoes, it’s simply dressed in lime juice and olive oil.
Great with beans in the red/pink spectrum: Though this would taste good with any type of bean (including chickpeas), I think it has the most visual appeal with any in the pinkish spectrum — pinto, red, or pink. Kidney beans would work, too.
Complete the meal: This salad may be simple, but it’s truly delectable. It pairs beautifully with simple vegan quesadillas (made with just tortillas and vegan cheese), grain pilafs, and other tortilla specialties that don’t contains beans (to avoid redundancy!)
Pairing ideas: A few of the dishes to consider serving this avocado and bean salad with:
- 15-ounce can pinto, red, or pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 heaping cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (halved if large)
- 2 limes
- Olive oil as desired, preferably extra-virgin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, as desired
- A sprinkling of toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Drain and rinse the beans, then combine with the avocado, tomatoes, and olives in a serving bowl. Toss together gently.
- Add the juice of one of the limes and a drizzle of olive oil, and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cut the second lime into 4 wedges to serve with the salad.
If you like this easy bean salad, you might also enjoy …
See lots more easy vegan salads & sides.