Plant-Powered Protein: 125 Recipes for Using Today’s Amazing Meat Alternatives
by Nava Atlas | Photography by Hannah Kaminsky
Everyone’s favorite meaty dishes go vegan with delicious plant-based takes on beefy crumbles, chicken-style strips, sausage, bacon, seafood, and more.
Whether you’re exploring vegan options for environmental, ethical, health, or budget reasons, Nava Atlas’s protein-focused recipes extend a warm welcome to the plant-powered protein revolution!
More about Plant-Powered Protein
… and wherever books are sold
Today’s innovative meat alternatives prove you don’t have to sacrifice meaty flavors to enjoy a plant-based diet. You’ll discover new ways to prepare familiar favorites, from nostalgic classics to bold global fare with dishes are kinder to the earth and better for you.
Plant-Powered Protein offers 125 recipes for using plant-based proteins thoughtfully, incorporating whole foods and fresh vegetables. Bridging the divide between the traditional comfort food diet and the whole food plant-based approach, you’ll find an array of flavorful, easy recipes including:
- Soups and stews like New England Clam-less Chowder and Beefy Barley & Bean Stew
- Comfort favorites like Classic Meat Loaf and Italian-Style Sausage & Peppers
- Global-inspired dishes like Korean Bulgogi Bowls, Mongolian-ish Beef, and Thai-Inspired Beefy Salad
- Diner specialties like Gyros, Philly Cheesesteaks, and “Tuna” Melts
- Indulgent eats like Carne Asada Fries; Pulled Protein Tacos, and Baked Spaghetti Pie
- Brunch winners like Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Spicy Chorizo Tofu Scramble
These budget-friendly, approachable recipes will satisfy staunch meat-lovers, picky eaters, and healthy food fans alike. And for those with a DIY spirit, Nava provides from-scratch recipes for plant-powered ground, meatballs, sausage, bacon-style strips, and more.
NAVA ATLAS is the author of best-selling vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including Wild About Greens, Vegan Holiday Kitchen, Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons, and many others. Nava also creates visual books on women’s issues and runs two websites, The Vegan Atlas and Literary Ladies Guide. She lives in the Hudson Valley region of New York State.
- To book Nava for interviews or events, contact her via our contact form.
- See more about Nava’s books on this site.
*This is an Amazon Affiliate link. If the product is purchased by linking through this site receives a modest commission, which helps maintain it and keeps it growing!