It’s not always easy to pair Asian-style dishes with salad, but this sesame-ginger red cabbage and carrot slaw might just be the perfect accompaniment.
This crunchy salad is compatible with Asian-style vegetable stir-fries, noodle dishes, and recipes featuring tofu, tempeh, and seitan.
- 4 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups grated carrot (pre-grated is fine)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame or hemp seeds
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sesame-ginger dressing, bottled or homemade, or as needed (see link to homemade dressing in Notes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving container and toss together. Let stand for 10 minutes or so before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Here's our Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing if you'd like to make your own.
If you like this red cabbage slaw, you might also enjoy …
Explore lots more easy vegan salads and sides.
Photos (top & middle): Anna Pustynnikova / Bigstock