Here’s an easy roasted vegetable side dish that requires no chopping! Maple roasted baby carrots become even sweeter with a touch of cinnamon. Optional balsamic vinegar and/or garlic make them that much better.
For a crowd-pleasing side dish for holiday meals, make sure to double the recipe. In the quantity as written it’s a simple everyday vegetable dish that will tempt the pickiest of eaters — especially kids.
What to serve with roasted baby carrots
Since you have the oven going at 400 degrees F., it makes sense to serve this with other dishes being cooked at the same temperature. Here are a few ideas:
- Roasted Vegan Sausage with Fennel and Polenta
- Lemon and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Seitan with Peppers and Portobello Mushrooms
What are baby carrots?
Developed in the mid-1980s, baby carrots are machine cut from regular-sized carrots. That makes them already peeled, and gives them their diminutive size.
Like the carrots they come from, baby carrots are low in calories, high in fiber, and really high in Vitamin A. Here’s everything you need to know about baby carrots.
- Seasoned Whole Roasted Carrots
- Garlic and Maple Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
- Moroccan Carrots
- Orange Roasted Tofu with Baby Carrots and Almonds
- 16-ounce bag baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or swap in balsamic vinegar)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the thyme or parsley in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Arrange the carrots in a parchment-lined roasting pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until the carrots are nicely glazed and tender-crisp. If you’d like them to brown lightly, bake for a few more minutes.
- Transfer to a covered serving container, toss with the thyme or parsley, and serve.
See lots more easy plant-based salads & sides.