If you’re looking for a tasty salad that’s hearty enough to be eaten as a main dish, look no further. Contributed by the BOSH! guys, Henry Firth and Ian Theasby, this sweet potato salsa salad featuring fresh cherry tomatoes and avocado is deliciously sweet, savory, and fresh tasting.
If you want to get a jump start, roast the sweet potatoes and make the salsa ahead of time, then just assemble everything when you’re ready to serve. If you’re off to a barbecue, take this to share. If you’re prepping for a party, make this to serve.
Excerpted from BOSH! on a Budget by Henry Firth and Ian Theasby. Reprinted with permission of HarperCollins, 2022. Photo credit: Lizzie Mayson.
More about BOSH! on a Budget
BOSH! on a Budget includes more than 100 delicious and hearty plant-based recipes, from batch cooking to eating with the seasons to making your own bread and pantry staples, the BOSH! boys deliver tons of flavor without the sticker shock.
From hearty midweek dinners and comfort food feasts to indulgent brunches and unbelievably tasty treats, this book features recipes like: Apple Crumble Granola, General Tso’s Tofu, Mushroom Stroganoff, Big-Batch Bolognese, Super-Easy Lasagna, Foolproof Focaccia, Salted Caramel Sticky Toffee Pudding and so many more.
Whether you’re living completely meat-free, or just looking to introduce more plant-based meals into your life, this money-saving cookbook can help.
BOSH! On a Budget is available wherever books are sold
About Henry and Ian: Lifelong friends from Sheffield, they are the guys behind BOSH! – the most-viewed plant-based video channel. Totally powered by plants, BOSH! create mouthwatering meat- and dairy-free recipes that are shared across the globe. They’ve been described as “a global phenomenon” and “the vegan Jamie Olivers.”
- Here are lots more delectable vegan sweet potato recipes.
- Explore dozens more cherry tomato recipes.
- See lots more tasty vegan potato salad recipes.
- 4 sweet potatoes, (about 2 ¼ pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, left whole and unpeeled
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7-ounce can corn (or 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen kernels)
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 2 red bell peppers
For the salsa
- 2 to 3 limes
- 1 red onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Make the sweet potatoes: Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into ¾-inch chunks. Tip them into the roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle over the smoked paprika, and give everything a good toss. Add the unpeeled garlic cloves. Put the pan in the oven and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the sweet potatoes and garlic are totally soft. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Make the salsa: Zest the limes into a bowl and squeeze the juice over the top. Halve, peel, and finely chop the red onion. Stem and finely slice the jalapeño and add it to the bowl. Halve and pit the avocado, dice the flesh, and scoop it into the bowl. Finely chop most of the cilantro and add it to the salsa, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil, season well with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Prepare the rest of the salad: Halve the cherry tomatoes. Drain the corn and black beans and rinse well. Stem and dice the bell peppers. Place the skillet over medium high heat, add the pumpkin seeds, and toast until they start to pop. Take the pan off the heat.
- Assemble and serve: Pop the cooled garlic cloves out of their skins into the salsa and discard the skins.Toss to combine.
If you like this sweet potato salad, you may also enjoy …
See more easy and tasty salads & sides.