Zucchini noodle dishes like this one couldn’t be easier or more satisfying. Rachel Carr, the creator of this recipe for stir-fried zucchini noodles, writes: “It’s a lighter version of stir-fried noodles that takes about five minutes to throw together. Scented with ginger and sesame, this dish will be delicious even the next day. I sometimes like to add seaweed and kimchi to give it an extra flavor boost.”
Reprinted with permission from Modern Raw: Healthy Raw Vegan Meals for a Balanced Life by Rachel Carr, Page Street Publishing Co. 2019. Photo credit: Rachel Carr.
About Rachel Carr: Rachel Carr is chef and creator of the plant-based food blog Plant Craft. She has worked in multiple raw food and vegan restaurants throughout her career as a professional chef and is a culinary director for a wellness facility in Los Angeles. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
More zucchini noodle dishes on this site:
Modern Raw is available wherever books are sold
Raw Wok Vegetable “Stir-Fry” Zucchini Noodles
- 2 zucchini, cut into noodles with a spiral slicer (see Note)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 asparagus stalks, washed and shaved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 scallions, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini noodles, carrots, red cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus and grated ginger.
- Toss well and add the sesame oil, tamari and lime juice.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if desired. Divide between 2 bowls or plates and garnish with the sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with chopsticks.
Spiral slicers, also called spiralizers, are tools that make it super-easy to create noodles with a wide variety of vegetables. If you don’t have a spiral slicer, you can easily make noodles with a vegetable peeler by running the peeler lengthwise down the zucchini for more of a linguine-style noodle.
More about Modern Raw by Rachel Carr
Raw chef Rachel Carr brings you all the recipes, tips and tricks you need to make exceptional raw vegan meals you’ll fall in love with. Each recipe in this must-have raw food guide helps you pair the freshest produce with nutritious nuts and seeds for meals that leave you feeling vibrant and energetic, such as:
• Cucumber Spring Rolls
• Raw Wok Vegetable “Stir-Fry” Noodles
• Almond and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Wrap
• Walnut-Chorizo Tacos with Kiwi Salsa and Guacamole
• Nachos with Bell Pepper Chips
• Freekeh Risotto with Roasted Trumpet Mushrooms
• Piña Greenlada Smoothie
• Pumpkin Seed and Cilantro Pesto Pizza
• Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri
Enjoy a wide variety of stand-out meals and snacks that lay a solid foundation for a healthful, veggie-focused lifestyle. While many dishes are completely raw, some recipes are cooked to maximize the nutritional value―and tastiness―of the ingredients, making them perfect for today’s modern approach to eating intuitively. No matter which recipes you choose, you’re guaranteed wholesome meals your body will thank you for.
Leave a Reply