There are few desserts that are more sensuous than chocolate-dipped figs. And they take almost no time to make, need no baking, and are 100% vegan.
Ilene Godofsky Moreno, who created this recipe, writes: “Is there anything more delicious than summer’s first fresh figs? Maybe a fresh fig dipped in chocolate! This recipe keeps things simple by using my three-ingredient no-bake chocolate, so it’s a breeze to put together.
Plus, the toppings are perfectly customizable, so you can go wild! It’s also a great secretly no-sugar-added dessert for kids, since they’ll never have any idea the chocolate is sneakily healthy.”
Organized by season and truly an explosion of colorful, easy dishes and treats, this recipe and photo (at top) is from The Colorful Family Table: Seasonal Plant-Based Recipes for the Whole Family by Ilene Godofsky Moreno ©2019, BenBella Books. Reprinted by permission.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 15 fresh figs, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons crushed nuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- To prepare the chocolate, stir together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and cacao or cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Dip a fig half into the chocolate, then place it on the baking sheet, sliced side up. Repeat until all the figs are used. Sprinkle your choice of topping(s) (if using) over the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes. The chocolate will start to melt at room temperature, so keep the figs in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy them.
The Colorful Family Table is available on Amazon*
and wherever books are sold
More about The Colorful Family Table by Ilene Godofsky Moreno
Delight your family’s palate with a rainbow of delicious, plant-based dishes!
Certified health coach, plant-based food blogger, and author of The Colorful Kitchen, Ilene returns with more than 90 all-new plant-based recipes perfect for your family’s table. Created from simple, familiar ingredients, her recipes are reader-tested to pleas even the most finicky family members.
With easy-to-follow instructions (even for the kitchen novice) and prep times designed for busy families, making meals as nutritious and delicious as they are eye-catching has never been easier. Make your family table a colorful one, and spend more time enjoying the people who matter most.
Ilene Godofsky Moreno is a health coach, recipe developer, food photographer, and the author of the blog The Colorful Kitchen. She combines her background in design with her passion for plant-based food to created and share recipes that are colorful, not complicated. Visit her on the web at The Colorful Kitchen.
If you like these no-bake chocolate-dipped figs, you might also enjoy:
See lots more easy vegan desserts & sweets.
*This is an Amazon Affiliate link. If the product is purchased by linking through this site receives a modest commission, which helps maintain it and keeps it growing!