Parsley Salad Dressing — AKA Green Goddess — is packed with flavor, making salads that much better year round.
Cucumber is part of the base of this dressing, and fresh dill is an optional addition that amps up the fresh herbal flavor.
Use up your parsley while it’s fresh: Another thing I love about making parsley dressing is that it makes good use of those bunches of parsley that are languishing in the fridge. You know what I mean — you buy a bunch of parsley for a recipe, then the rest of it has a good chance of being forgotten. Make this before that happens! It’s also fine to include some stem, so it’s fuss-free.
Parsley salad dressing is delicious on …
- Grain salads
- Green salads
- Pasta salads
- Potato salads
- Zucchini noodles
It’s good on warm vegetables, too: Drizzle on baked potatoes and sweet potatoes; toss with steamed or roasted cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and butternut squash.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley (some stem is fine), rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or more to taste, optional
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or more, to taste
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until the mixture is well-pureed. You’ll still be seeing flecks of green.
- Transfer to a bottle with a tight lid and shake before each use. Keep any unused portion in the refrigerator, where it will keep for several days.
Variation: Add 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise for a creamier dressing.
If you like this easy dressing, you may also enjoy …
See more easy sauces and dressings to embellish your vegan meals.