This is good-for-you Greek zucchini gratin is a nice alternative to heavier Parmesan dishes and is made plant-based and gluten-free prepared with vegan feta and cauliflower-based crumbs.
The secret to the crispy topping on this casserole is Cauli Crunch® bread-free crumbs, which are my go-to pantry staple right now. These cauliflower-based crumbs (which happen to be gluten-free and vegan) create a crispy, savory topping for this casserole. It might just become your favorite weeknight side dish!
Since this is a saucy dish, cook some whole grains to serve it over — rice, quinoa, or a combination of the two.
Adapted from a recipe by Celebrity Chef Paula Hankin. Thanks to Cauli Crunch for providing product; this is NOT a sponsored post — TheVeganAtlas.com is committed to introducing useful plant-based products to our readers.
Greek Zucchini Gratin with Cauliflower Crumbs
This is good-for-you Greek zucchini gratin is a nice alternative to heavier Parmesan dishes and is made plant-based prepared with vegan feta.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 large zucchinis, cut into rounds or half rounds
- 1/2 cup Cauli Crunch, Taste of Italy, divided
- 1/2 cup bottled or homemade marinara sauce, your favorite variety
- 1/2 cup vegan feta (Violife is fantastic!), cut into small dice, or 1/2 recipe Tofu Feta (see link in Notes)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Finely chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat, until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the zucchini and cook until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce until everything is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
See instructions for making Tofu "Feta" in this recipe.
Learn more about Cauli Crunch bread-free crumbs
If you like this gluten-free zucchini dish, you might also enjoy …
Thai-Style Zucchini Noodle Salad
See more easy vegan salads & sides and gluten-free recipes.
Leave a Reply