This easy cocoa banana peanut butter smoothie tastes as rich as a milkshake (a vegan milkshake, that is) and will keep you full and satisfied for hours. Delicious as a breakfast smoothie, it’s yummy enough to serve as dessert.
Use your favorite kind of plant-based milk (oat, cashew, almond, hemp, etc.) and sweeten to your liking with maple syrup or agave nectar.
As far as nut butter, peanut butter is the kind most commonly found in the pantry, but if you prefer another kind of nut butter, like cashew almond, hazelnut (all delicious though much pricier), go for it!
- 1 large banana, broken into several pieces
- 1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla plant-based milk (oat, cashew, almond), or as needed
- 2 heaping teaspoons good-quality cocoa powder (preferably fair trade)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave, or to taste
- A few ice cubes, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smoothly pureed. If too thick, add a little more plant-based milk.
- Taste and see if you’d like a little more sweeter, then process for a few seconds.
- Serve at once in tall glasses or tumblers. Garnish with a sprinkling of cocoa powder, if you'd like.
If you like this peanut butter-y smoothie, you may also enjoy …
- See lots more refreshing beverages