Needing only two ingredients (and an optional one), these easy strawberry ice pops consist only of fresh fruit and all-fruit preserves (aka jam). The optional splash of creamy color is provided by plant-based creamer — oat, almond, or coconut.
These gorgeous strawberry ice pops a refreshing early summer treat that take minutes to make. This recipe makes 4 to 6 pops, depending on the size and shape of the molds.
Of course, it goes without saying that using the freshest, sweetest strawberries of the season will yield best results. Use organic strawberries, please (conventional strawberries are often ranked #1 in pesticides among produce). And if you choose organic all-fruit strawberry preserves, so much the better.
Explore more vegan gluten-free dairy-free desserts and sweets.
- 1 quart ripe, sweet strawberries, preferably organic, hulled
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves (jam), preferably all-fruit and organic
- 1/2 cup vegan creamer (oat, almond, or coconut), optional
- If any of the strawberries are large, cut in half. Either way, combine them with the preserves in a food processor or blender and process until pureed. You can leave a bit of texture, if you’d like.
- Use 4 standard size or 6 smaller ice pop molds. If not using the optional creamer, simply distribute the strawberry puree among them.
- If using the optional creamer, distribute a scant 1/4 cup of the puree among standard-size molds or 2 tablespoons among smaller molds. Distribute the creamer among each mold, then the remaining strawberry puree. There may be a little puree left over if using the creamer option; no matter, eat it plain! Or make a mini ice pop.
- Freeze for 5 to 6 hours or overnight. If the molds is stubborn, immerse each in a mug of hot water for a few seconds to loosen the ice pops.
If you like this homemade icy treat, you might also enjoy …
See lots more easy vegan desserts & sweets.